To start the work on your Shopify store I need two components ready:
- Access to your Shopify Admin (Themes and some other areas)I’ve sent a collaborator account request already.
- A Private App so I get direct access to the code of your theme
Why is this app needed?
As the Shopify’s code editor is just not versatile enough for the advanced work I’ll be performing, I need to be able to edit the theme with tools on my computer and see the changes live on the server.
A private app with access to themes provides a mechanism for that. To use that app, I need the password it generates.
How to create a private app on Shopify
- From your Shopify admin, click Apps.
- Click Manage private apps (at the bottom of the page)
- Click Create new private app.
- In the Description section, enter a Private app name.
- In the Permissions section, select “Themes” permission to “Read and write”
- When you’re done, click Save.
- Share with me the “password” for the app here(you’ll get the password string on the next screen)
You can remove the app once I’m done with working on your store.
This completes the initial involvement on your part.
Later I may advise you to approve optimizing the images on your site, as an additional low-hanging fruit to be snatched.
Let’s take care of the hard stuff first!
NEXT STEPS (FOR YOU) TO GET THIS PROJECT ROLLING:
- Approve the initial milestone so I can pencil you in my calendar
- Approve my Shopify collaborator account request
- Follow the steps above to create a private app
- Send me its password key on the address I requested the collaborator account from
That’s it for now!
I’ll send you regular progress reports as I move through the project.
Right now I don’t have a definite project completion time, as every store is different.
Most of my speed optimization projects finish within the week they started, if they start on Monday.
Thanks for trusting me with your store,